Radon is a cancer-causing, radioactive gas. You can’t see, smell, or taste it, but it may be a problem in your home. Radon is estimated to cause many thousands of deaths each year. That’s because when you breathe air containing radon, you can get lung cancer. In fact, the Surgeon General has warned that radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States today. Radon can be found all over the U.S. and it can get into any type of building.

Testing is the only way to know if you and your family are at risk from radon. EPA and the Surgeon General recommend testing all homes below the third floor for radon. Testing takes 48 hours. A continuous radon monitor will be set in the lowest level of the home. After 48 hours, the radon meter will be retrieved and the results will be emailed to you.

error: Content is protected !!